Join the second largest party in Washington, DC for its monthly General Assembly on Thursday, October 4th at the Anacostia Library at 7:00 PM.
This month's special guest are a group of 20 students from the University Hochschule für angewandte Pädagogik Berlin, a small and young private institution with the main focus on applied pedagogy. One of the offered dual education BA programme is Social Padagogy including continues practical work. In general, the atmosphere of our university is inspiring and friendly.
This educational trip to Washington D.C. is part of the students' seminar on project management in our BA programme in Social Pedagogy/Social Work. The University tries to focus on practical experiences these students have given the task to plan and organize an educational trip to Washington D.C. on the topic of "Youth movements in the political system of the US". The students will then arrange an exhibition with a vernissage on our experiences, their views and what was learned during the trip.
We will share views on gaps and possible solutions in the field of civil rights and gun control coupled with some information on Youth Movements in the US. In different words, what needs to be changed in the context of civil rights and gun control in the US and what measurements our party and community suggest?
Help us have a great turn out for the visiting students and share your thoughts, insights, and perspectives.
1. Discussion & Action regarding an appeal for DCSGP to assist with mobilization for the women's march on the Pentagon in October
2. Student Guests from Germany to discuss Civil Rights and Gun Control for the October GA & Organizing opportunity for DCSGP
3. Discussion of DCSGP cross state endorsement of candidates who share a platform of support for DC Statehood
4. Slate commercial for all candidates
5. Candidate Updates- activities, messages, public appearances, organizing, needs/volunteer opportunities
6. Committee Reports
7. Treasurer Report
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1800 Good Hope Rd SE
Washington, DC, DC 20020
Google map and directions